Monday, July 20, 2015

Wedge


“People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.” 
— Veronica Roth
Funny how that works. Recently my dad said I'm too quiet. Not in the sense that I'm shy quiet or doesn't talk. I'm pretty sure he meant that I'm not participating in any talk at all. Quite frankly, it's because I have absolutely no interest in anyone at the moment, no inquiries of the sort and, I don't want anyone to ask about me.


In any social situation, even fake ones, for formalities, or appearance sake, somehow the topic will go back to us.

I have nothing to share.

I would love to say I have nothing to talk about. Though that'd be like lying to myself. I do think I have things I want to say. I'm stuck however. Even my brains can't process what exactly do I want to express.

It's not like I'm totally free of the guilt from ignoring my family and friends. I'm just tired of talking about things that we're all tired of. None of us ever arrived at the right topic. It's dying to be out there but no one knows how to proceed.

I wish the would just trust me to keep it to myself and maybe one day say it. When I have the right words.

Patience however, have always been my best virtue, not them. And that's just a knife that's wedging more distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment