Friday, August 26, 2011

Rain

Today, after the fact that I didn't sleep at all yesterday, I decided to be positive and try not to sleep in class.

         Surprisingly, it worked! I didn't sleep at all in class, and didn't even feel sleepy..

Now, what's to tell about that?
I'm the kind that would say, "Ahh~ it's raining... The great weather to sleep in"
So here's the thing, it was raining today. It wasn't heavy. Only drizzling. But it was a nice day to sleep, I'm pretty sure.

          But I was determine not to sleep and to be positive, so I did.
And while Sasha complaint, "God, we're having physics! Physics! Why did it have to rain??" , I thought, I didn't feel sleepy, thank you Allah^^..

          It was a nice breeze... Since my desk is right next to the door, some of the raindrops were melting in my papers. Not that I care much of it. It's JUST a few drops anyway. Instead, I was so happy to be happy on this rainy day^^.
But then, that feeling dwelled.
     I was so happy and it came.
          But I don't know how to describe that feeling I have as I watched the rain. It was a beautiful day although it wasn't sunny. Yet...

          So I turn around and asked Sasha,"What are you feeling right now.. I mean the rain and such??" Obviously, she stared curiously. But Sasha was used to me asking question out of the blue so she simply replied,"Sleepy, most people would feel gloomy.. There's no shine from the sun after all".
Hmmm, not quite what I'm feeling.

So later when recess came, I went to Hime, Chi and NaO and asked the same thing.
    "Happy!!,"said NaO,"I love rain!!"
Oh, ok... Not that I hate rain, but I wasn't happy precisely because of the rain, I was relieved and content that I felt happy because I wasn't sleepy due to the rain.
    "I want to sleep?" came Hime's reply.
Usually I do, but not today...
    "Sad, maybe....." said Chi. [At least, that's what I thought she said]
Sad..... not quite right either. But it caught me...

Sad,... sad... sad...
     What was there to be sad about?

So I kept thinking about this [except when my mind were so happy to be focused back on learning],
  and later that afternoon, a word struck me.

MELANCHOLY
deep and long lasting sadness / sad and depressed

It's stil sad though, for me to realize that I was actually feeling like that..
I wonder if I was actually feeling something else.
But it wasn't awe for the rain, sleepy because of the rain, or happy because of the rain..
     And it was definitely not just "sad"

Maybe it was that. But I wonder...

Is there any other emotion rain can trigger??

No comments:

Post a Comment