Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stage 2: Exposition

Sorry for being lazy with post.

As for the title, if you're wondering, in a plot, there's introduction/exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution, right?

I think I'm at the 2nd stage of my the plot, hence explains the title.

I would think that my exposition would be the moment I decided to be resolute on my goal. I had taken the first step (the smallest first step; still a step anyway), so I'm putting myself on the 2nd stage instead of first.

I want to do more this year. Well, to align with my resolution.
I mean it.

The first step I want to take is cure this "socially awkward" disease. It's not really a disease. I don't regret being socially awkward. It saves me countless of times.

          However, it also prevent others from knowing me. Before this, it didn't matter. I thought that.. who cares? If they want to know me, they should approach me, right? Given the fact that with that perspective, I didn't approach anyone, would that mean that I don't give a damn about others? That's contradicting and I can't blame anyone for thinking that I'm an arrogant person.

Let's do a re-structure.

So for this year, I'm involved with:
  • HOT (Heart of Tronoh) - My university's official bulletin, I'm the Chief Reporter :)
  • Rakan Masjid - I'm handling the international affairs.
  • Hatsuyuki-fansub - I'm a QCer, sometimes an editor.
  • Enactus - I'm thinking of quitting actually. Their meeting clashes with classes & I'm not an active member anyway.Oh, I'm a PR officer here.

So my target would be in voluntary works after this. I want to be part of the volunteers whose goal is to help community all around the world. Though, honestly, I want to improve my country first.

          Someone suggested that I should make a blog (she doesn't know I already have one -not planning to tell her, even), that writes descriptively and analytically about my experience. Meaning, not the one I have right now, which is like.. more personal.
And thought, "Hey, that's a good idea." It would have help me with better articles, news, reports and who knows someday, I could really venture into journalism, right?
Haha, or at least, be one of those travel writer, food critics, and etc.

What do you think, guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment