Friday, November 23, 2012

Raihan - Sesungguhnya



Translation

Truthfully, this heart of mine love You
Truthfully, this self if yearning for You.
But I have no idea why the love is not present
But I have no idea why the yearning have not bloom.

Indeed even if I'm to collect all the pearls at the bottom of the sea..
Indeed even if I were to sprinkle it with rain water from Your seven skies
Still the love will not come
Still the yearning will not bloom

I tried to deliver a present for You
But maybe due to the imperfect content - without radiance
I tried to sprinkle it so that it grow and be fruitful
But maybe the water is not as refreshing as the fountain of Kauthar

Indeed even if I'm to collect all the pearls at the bottom of the sea..
Indeed even if I were to sprinkle it with rain water from Your seven skies
Still the love will not come
Still the yearning will not bloom

     If it wasn't in expectant for blessing
     If it wasn't to plead for sympathy
       to You ya Allah

God, please gift me with Your love
God, please grant me the longing for You
Hopefully I realize that my gratefulness is Yours.

Well.. this is my first time translating songs. I know those repeatable words aren't necessary but well, I thought that I should just leave it :)

I'm very fond of this song. Why?
Because well, as a Muslim, I did what's obligatory to me and some additional deeds that are recommended.

So yes, the truth is, we all want to love our Creator. Yet why aren't we like all those imams? Are our level of love different? How so? How were they able to love Him so much when the desire to love Him is the same for all of us?
       Not that I have the answer for that.

Well, if you could catch the meaning of this song, you'll get what I'm trying to say.
This is the translation but the meaning and the interpretation.. I'll leave that to your hardwork^^

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment