Sunday, November 10, 2013

I am Sorrow

I am not in sorrow :P

That's the name of a poem.


Just wanted to share an extract phrase on how one of my favourite character (and it seems that she's real) view refugees:


Just imagine that you are awakened tonight by someone in your family who says to you, "Put the things you treasure most in one small bag that you can carry. And be ready in a few minutes. We have to leave our home and we will have to make it to the nearest border."
What mountains would you manage to cross? How would you feel? How would you manage? Especially if across the border was a land where they didn't speak your language, where they didn't want you, where there was no work, and where you were confined to camps for months or years.
:(

1 comment:

  1. A poem to ponder


    心にもあらでうき世にながらへば
     恋しかるべき夜半の月かな

    kokoro nimo arade ukiyoni nagaraheba
    koishi karubeki yowa no tsuki kana


    If this troubled world of ours I must linger on,
    My only friend shall be the moon, which on my sadness shone when other friends are gone

    From the retired Emperor Sanjyo

    ReplyDelete