Monday, November 25, 2013

“What would you do if you were not afraid?”

Was reading through many other blogs and I stumbled upon this: http://familyonbikes.org/blog/2011/11/50-lessons-i-wish-i-had-learned-earlier/

 Imagine if you're in well... just anywhere, and wanted to do something, but you didn't. Reasons: could be a lot. Could be few. Most of the time, it's that fear. Fear of shame, fear of being weird, odd and different. Fear of being laughed at. Fear of being rejected, or ignored. Fear of things going wrong. It could be anything.

So when I was saw that, I did, somehow pulled to that imagination of a world without that fear.
"What will I do if I was not afraid?"

I guess there's many things among many things that I would do.
  • I'll punch that guy who messed with the stranger girl who clearly hates being bugged.
  • I'll order that exotic food that no one seems to stand.
  • I'll quit University right now and starts getting funds for my library.
  • I'll hike every week, who cares about that annoying asthma.
  • I'll tell those that I've been stalking (virtually. Only following their profiles :P) why I did what I did.
  • I'll e-mail.. message or comment on that person's wall.
  • I'll tell Huninis to back off.
  • I will eat that goldfish.
  • I'll start my FYP right now.
  • I'll write.
  • I'll paint.
  • I'll travel on impulse.
  • I'll tell those girls that I know what they talked about behind my back and that we can all stop pretending.
  • I'll destroy the world.
Ok, that last bit was a joke. I was having too much fun listing all the things I could do.
In a way, it's a good thing to have a bit of fear. Maybe.

Most of all, I think we're just afraid of not knowing what the results of our action may be. It may be positive, or negative. There's no telling. People behaves oddly that they may have different reaction to things depending on their own situation.

Tired eyes. Early class.
Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment