Thursday, October 26, 2017

To Strive?

In an effort to be truthful to my blog motto:
See the tiny details in life. Mourn. Groan. Giggle. Laugh. Smile. Strive!
I decided to find something happier to write about 😀 And yes, I deliberately ignore the first sentence. Oh well.

So today we'll be talking about~

drumrolls
...

Forum Mafia

From my posting trend to my life rambles, I guess it's not a big secret that I was thoroughly depressed and not functioning like a human should though that's not what this talk is going to be. I was going to touch history on how I find Forum Mafia, so it started there though. [We're not gonna talk about the game, if you're interested, check its wiki. I just wanna ramble about why I like it.]

So and so happened during the past few years, and by 2015, I was utterly down. In my silence and withdrawals though, I turned to the internet. Not my blogs, since I lost the will to talk. I went to forums instead. I played those miscellaneous counting games in MyAnimeList.net, scour DCTP forum for more Detective Conan theories and read more fan theory of One Piece world in Oro Jackson. It wasn't wholly fun, but it kept me up instead of sleeping every hour of the day, and on sleeping pills at night. Yeah... not a healthy time or topic to explore.

Anyway, the last two forums had one thing in common. They have a dedicated Mafia game that were held at some interval of time. I wasn't familiar with the game, nor was I ever able to get the right timing to sign up for any. So I loiter (or lurked, as they would say in mafia game) around the forum, interested to play but not daring enough to play a social game that I know nothing about. During this time, I got cozy at MAL forum and started talking to the guys there.
Tame stuff, like favourite anime or past time etc.

When I was a bit more comfortable, I asked the creator of the club I frequent to if he could make a game similar to mafia, since I would like to play it. I was rejected though. He told me it's a hassle to maintain or learn or host the game. I don't quite remember his reasoning, since at the time, I don't really get the complexity of the game, so I just gave him the "ok then".
But then someone messaged me and redirected me to a club dedicated to mafia games. Coincidently, a game was open for sign-up. I joined without thinking, and I was hooked ever since.

It's strange.

Forum mafia is all about deception and deduction. Whatever the order is. I like deception first, since without mafia being deceptive, town wouldn't have anything to deduce.

The reason why it's strange is that the people I interacted in the game turned out to be people I love being friends with. Ancient-san was one of my first friend there. He wasn't why I was there or why I stayed, but just staying there and talking whenever we weren't playing a game was fun. We talked about ideas, what we expect in life, our surroundings, families, and views on a lot of things. The kind of things I would love to talk about with Palm. Except Palm's very busy lately, and I'm too ashamed to speak to anyone about anything.

Through Ancient-san, I get to talk with a lot of others as well. Kayu being another one of them. Then Crow, Cat, Screw, Berry, Oni, Jellyfish and more. I even have Gari now. Though Gari is another bittersweet topic (of my doing) that I would like to avoid for now. Haha.

Actually I don't remember why I wanted to talk about this. It was a happy thing that kept me going.

Point is (not really), the game's fun. If you find it in any other forum, you should try. That's that. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment