Monday, February 6, 2012

Learner Driving License

Now, this felt weird~

          Hello there, everyone! Today's my sis birthday but I wished her late~ haha, what a bad sister =.=ll   Not that I could help it. No, it was entirely my fault.

Happy Birthday, Siena!!

          But actually I'm not gonna post about that. Wait, did my way of speaking sounds cruel? Che, since when do I know how to be all nicey doey. I think I'm fine the way I am.

          The other day, I had my driving class. I was nervous actually. Who knew learning would require nerve! But after the constant reminder of Pakcik Damur (so I wish to call him that) about the clutch, I've gotten the hang of it. He told me I was a fast learner too^^. Oh, cut with the praises!! Hehe~
   Euu, I sound so... what's the word?? Obnoxious, ne?
                 
"Praises are poison to the character"

Where have I heard that before?

 Back to the main topic:

         But, it didn't break-down the nervousness. Only increases my tension. But Ah! Then I met a familiar face! She didn't look my way but we were so close. I thought of greeting her but just by thinking about that made me not concentrate on what Pakcik Damur was saying. And it got to me, what if that pakcik gets mad because I wasn't paying attention? I thought, oh well, that girl doesn't even realize I'm there and she seems preoccupied with her lesson so it would do us both good not to start talking now right?

          So, with her being there, I decided not to show how nervous I am. After all, I love to act like everything was no big deal. Heh. Pretty disgusting, eh? But if there's anything I like about my character, this would be one of them. By pretending that things are not difficult, I would worked my ass of to make sure it won't look difficult. That would include change my way of thinking, my attitude towards that particular work and the strive for perfection. Although, it's a facade I have to put up with, usually when this part of me surfaces, my work tend to be extremely well done, exceeding people expectations. Too bad, it rarely shows up. So, I'm proud to have this side of me. It proves that "When there's a will, there's a way".

Though, it did not help with my lack of will to do anything.

          So, the lesson went on. I've gotten the hang of this whole driving business after an hour plus. Oh, and there's actually another familiar face that I saw there. But she's far from me I doubt she saw me. Well, actually they're my schoolmates. But we're not super close. Still, I though I should say hello. Just as Pakcik Damur decided that "That's all for today", he also decided that I'm driving us home. So, before I had the chance to tell him that I wanted to greet my friends, I was all "WHAT?!" It was my first day! He can't possibly want me to start driving on the road?

         Pakcik Damur then grinned and said, "What? It shouldn't be a big deal, right? I'm sure you'll do fine". No, I don't think I would do fine. No, no, no, was the only thing in my head as I stared at the pakcik, without answering. But the "Shouldn't be a big deal" were echoing in my head over and over and over again until the pitiful poor "no" wasn't heard anymore. So I smiled back at the pakcik and said, "Ok". He looked shocked that instant. Ah, so he thought I would say no. Then he continued, "It wouldn't be a problem because you have your Learner License with you. Are you sure you can do it?" If he wasn't a pakcik, I would have bite his head!! What are you doing, stepping on my pride?!! I'd look pathetic if I said "No" right then. So I just smile again and told him "I'm okay with it. After all basically my instructor is with me, right?" There you go! My counter attack.

          Pakcik Damur grinned again and said "Let's go".

Expecting anything? Well, it didn't really turn out as I planned in my head, the "Heh. It was nothing". It was something. Oh, the nerve!
But, it was okay. At leas Pakcik Damur said it was. And it's not like I made any mistake. All I did was drive slow.. very slow though. Haha, lame right? It was my first try! You can't expect me to be like those fantasy manga style character that seems to do everything perfectly! Hey, real life perfections need practice and perseverance.

So, I got home later and felt totally content!

1 comment:

  1. Heh. You got your L license eh..... How envious T^T My parents told me I don't have to take a license for any transportation coz there's a lot of public transportation available.. puh hu! How boring..
    But I don't think driving my own vehicle is my style too~ hahahaha..
    Anyway, have fun learning *winks*

    ReplyDelete