Thursday, April 5, 2018

Child to Man

In the midst of my never ending headaches, emotional turmoil and all that makes up my on-going bad days, I stumbled upon this:
The momentous laws of induction between currents and between currents and magnets were discovered by Michael Faraday in 1831-82. Faraday was asked: "What is the use of this discovery?" He answered: "What is the use of a child - it grows to be a man."
by Alfred North Whitehead


Initially it amuses me how Faraday replied the question. It was smart, witty, and true.
Then it dawned.

This applies to every idea.
     Not every inventor knew what they're inventing. They do anyway.
     Not every parent knew what kind of child they're raising. They do anyway.

Sometimes, an idea, or a discovery is not something that is beneficial to us now. Regardless of that, we should nurture it anyway. It is a child that eventually will grow into a man. How we make use of a discovery or an idea will make it evolve into what it could be.

I'm not sure why this amuses me so much, but it gave me the much needed relief from my current brooding condition.

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
 - 94:5 -
For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

Alhamdulillah. 
Thank you, God.

Just one of my evening thoughts. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment