Monday, September 10, 2012

Fig & Olive

Hey you guys again! Haha, sorry I haven't been updating much when I said I would last few months. When was it, I wonder? Haha.. (just so you know, this is called a guilty laugh- tee hee, an an embarrassed laugh- not that it's necessary to tell..)

Ok, in any case, once upon a time, I did mention that I was going to recap things right? Well, as for now, let's recap the days I spent during before the time I started my Foundation course. Yup^^ the short month I went working.

Oh, by the way, I've finished my 1st semester, currently on semester holiday. And will be continuing my 2nd sem next week.

Here goes:



          I was working at this oily company. Yup, oil and gas everywhere.
Believe me? You better not coz that was a lie. In a restaurant, as a waitress. [I have to say, I like the food to an extend. It's pretty good. I love the drinks better though. Haha, coz I made them.] Though I have to say I prefer if you said I worked as the lady who made drinks, or the cashier. Coz I do those to, except that on paper, I'm just a waitress. Sad, isn't it? Nah, it's not really. I'm just having fun exaggerating. Why? Coz it's fun, duh! And here I'm straying again. Let's get back.

          So.. well, as usual, it was awkward for me. Since I'm who I am, the kind that's hard to talk to someone, or basically I don't understand when someone talks. I did try my best to be friendly. Really, really tried my best, and it payed off. My co-workers are cool and funny. Although honestly, they're quite cranky. But they become friends I like anyway, so whatever right? Haha, you tend to say it's alright when it comes to your friend anyway. They don't have to be perfect.

          The point is, I worked like 2 weeks to be friendly with them, and I really just want to limit that to just them. But then the guy from the burger franchise said I smiled at him and it gives him the green light. And whaa~t?! Duh, when you're working, of course a smile is necessary 24/7. And yeah, he's not a customer but if I glare or ignored him, that would still be bad manners right? Haiihh, well men are weird and strange and practically alien species to me at that time. So I did what I do best, I ignore him. Too bad, that didn't worked out.

           In any case, the head waitress (is this right?- let's name her : Izta) supports me on this and said that it's better to ignore him if I hate him bugging me all the time. And so, I followed that advice. Well, true, she supported me, that is until the guy bribed her with free burgers supposedly, behind my back - except that I'm aware of it. Then she was all, "what kind of guy do you like?" or "why not just try him out?". Like I said, she's a friend. So coming from her, it felt hilarious. But I'm pretty much sure that I'll be irritated if she's not a friend.

          So, then Beras came to work. LOL, he was like Izta's new toy. Did I not tell? One of the reason Izta and I got pretty close is due to our love for pretty boys. Although, her "pretty" is a lot different than mine. So when Beras came, she kept on saying "aaa~hh, such a handsome boy, wow" and etc. As for me, I hate his hair. So I hate everything else. But I went along with him. I never experience this thing called "bully the new kid" so since Izta, and another waiter - Lato were so hyped planning how to bully him, which I personally think it's pretty lame and won't work, I just went along with it.
It's really fun.

Too bad, that Beras picked up things too fast, get friendly with others too fast, and the fun ended like that. After just a few days, I got annoyed by how well he could work. I mean, I only manage to do so after 2 weeks and he did it in a few days?! Grr, that's like laughing at my effort! So, since I don't like him very much, instead of feeling irritated, I planned on ignoring him. The thing about talkative human being is that they can't stop talking. So just like how Tazia always have it her way, I ended up being pulled in the flow of conversation. Honestly, I would scream out of annoyance every time I got home (though only in my head - don't wanna disturb the neighbours after all).

          Still, after some time, I got used to it. I still hate his hair, but it's pretty cool that a boy can cook. I mean, the chef are men too except Coco. But well, that's their work. Haha, in the end, I'm attracted to the cooking part eh? No matter what crap I'm rambling, I guess food is  what attracts me. Reason? There is one. But.. I'm not gonna tell you right now. Well, I don't think I'm gonna tell at all.
In any case, good guys remind me of my dad. Except that he's 400000000000 zillion times far from competing with dad. Haha. NO! I'm not daddy's little girl. I think Siena should get that title instead. But I do love my dad, haha - I guess.
Hey wait! How did the topic strays to this?

          Well, then there's the issue with the manager's little brother. Which is quite annoying, but I ignored that. Not because I don't like him though. More like because I never thought of liking him, haha. After all, I did promise dad I study first. And Elle is still unforgettable.. wish he really do exist.. 

          It was worthwhile experience for me. And I had fun. A lot. After all, it's better than the usual nothing to do at home right? I can finish animes and mangas so fast, I'll end end with nothing to do if I stayed at home. Like, right now. Haha.

I won't forget them, Insya'Allah, Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment